Compelled by God to Tell the Next Generation…
Clarinda Lutheran School provides an education firmly based on Biblical truths to build Christian faith, Christian character, and academic excellence.
A Brief History of Clarinda Lutheran School
Clarinda Lutheran School is a private parochial school, which provides a long, successful history of Christ-centered education. CLS was incorporated in March of 1988 when members of Immanuel Lutheran Church and Saint Paul Lutheran Church, Yorktown, merged their two schools to create the Clarinda Lutheran School Association. Both Immanuel and Saint Paul congregations have a long history of Christian education – Immanuel began their school in 1877 and Saint Paul in 1897. St. John Lutheran Church also operated a parochial school from 1917-1918. Five, six and seven generations of children in this community have been a part of Christian education.
In the summer of 1990, Clarinda Lutheran School Association began construction on a 14,500 sq. ft. facility on 19 acres located at 707 W. Scidmore in Clarinda. Two years later a gymnasium was added and more land was purchased. With the need for expansion, four additional classrooms were completed in August of 2007, completing the CLS campus we have today.
Want a tour?
Request a tour today by filling out the form, or check out our Virtual Tour!
Looking for More?
Clarinda Lutheran School offers the following extra curriculars through a partnership with Clarinda Community Schools.
- Track & Field
- Cross Country (XC)
Get In Touch
Want a tour? Have a question? Let us know by filling out the form below. We hope to get back to you within a day or two.
707 W Scidmore St
Clarinda, IA 51632